Honeydew Kiwi White Sangria
We are firm believers in the power of a good cocktail.
2 - 3 cups honeydew melon
1 bottle white wine (we used 2 Copas Macabeo)
1/4 cup tequila
1 cup club soda
3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1 lime, sliced
1. Blend about half of your cubed honeydew melon and 1/4 cup of wine in a blender until pureed. Then add to a large pitcher.
2. Add in tequila, club soda and the remaining wine.
3. Add the kiwi slices, lime slices and the remaining cubed honeydew.
4. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Gently stir before stirring and dividing into glasses. Garnish with more fruit and fresh mint.
Tips & Notes
~ The fresher the ingredients the better. Organic honeydew, limes, kiwi and mint are plentiful in May and readily available at the Co-Op.
~ For this recipe, we naturally gravitated to a Spanish wine - 2 Copas Macabeo, meaning "2 wine glasses" as a delightful bright blank slate for the fruit to shine.